Standard Ground Straps
Customized Ground Strap Series
AerosUSA offers a full array of custom ground straps, induction cables, shoe shunts and bonding straps to meet your application specification requirements. Please review a list of selection criteria below and submit your desired design parameters to us for evaluation and quotation.
1: Flat flexible CA110 CU braid, CA110 copper ferrule crimped, formed, tin plated, single mounting hole.
2: Round flexible CA110 CU braid, CA110 copper ferrule crimped, formed, tin plated, single mounting hole, w/ additional heat shrink protection.
3: Round flexible CA110 CU braid, CA110 copper ferrule crimped, formed, tin plated, single mounting hole, highly flexible protective conduit insulation, w/ additional heat shrink protection.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF AEROSUSA GROUND STRAP CABLES
- Customized Round and Flat cables are available to meet your specifications.
- CA 110 – Copper Alloy 110 material has the highest electrical conductivity of any metal except silver. The chemical composition contains minimum purity of 99.9% copper. This will result in maximum conductivity and lower contact resistances.
- Customized CA110 Copper ferrule compression terminals can be applied to the round or flat cables. These copper compression terminals provide maximum conductivity and lower contact resistance due to the cable being inserted to the end of the ferrule before the crimp and finish plating is applied. This will also keep the terminal operating at a cooler temperature. The ferrule starts as either a tube or cup (depending on use of flat or round cable) and then formed and melded to the desired terminal needed. The stress points of the strap are not subjected to the same weak points as compared to a crimp termination thus extending its useful life. A flair or flange can be added to act as an additional strain relief. This adds to better performance under active movement or high vibration applications.
- Economical standard “off the shelf” crimp lugs can also be used in place of the customized ferrule to reduce cost.
- Low to high current cables can be configured as high as 3000 Amps.
- Insulation variations include flexible conduit, sleeve materials, tubing, and heat shrink. The additional insulation materials will add further protection to your cables in extreme external environments.
- Evaluation and qualification samples available on request.