Proper wire protection is essential in demanding work environments. That’s why at AerosUSA, we carry a broad selection of high-temperature cable sleeving products for industrial applications. From military machinery to railway vehicles, there are many types of industrial equipment that need protection from the risks of extreme heat. If your organization operates in challenging environments or under high temperatures, request a quote for our heat-resistant braided wire sleeving today.
|All Braided Cable Sleeve Resource Pages:|
|Page 1 – Braided Cable Sleeves Guide|
|Page 2 – High Temperature/Heat Resistant Braided Sleeve FAQs|
|Page 3 – Importance of Rodent Resistant Braided Sleeving|
What Is Braided Sleeving?
Braided sleeving for wires is designed to protect cables from dangerous outside forces that could cause system malfunctions or accidents. Electrical systems can be sensitive to a variety of factors, from sunlight and moisture to mechanical stress. If these factors are left unchecked, it could reduce the safety of your facility or result in major expenses for replacements and repairs.
Certain environments and equipment may operate at extremely high temperatures — sometimes at several hundred degrees Celsius or more. High temperatures can have a drastic effect on wire systems, causing them to overheat. In turn, overheating leads to fires, explosions and melted cables.
With a high-temperature wire sleeve, it’s possible to prevent accidents and keep your cable systems in healthy condition despite the heat. Our braids and sleeves are made of strong, durable materials that can withstand even some of the harshest conditions.
Applications of Heat-Resistant Cable Sleeves
Some common applications for high-temperature cable sleeves include:
- Rail and transit vehicles
- Construction equipment
- Military vehicles
- Temperature probes
- Chemical processing
- Food and beverage processing
- Power generation
- Motors and engines
- Weld and molten splatter
Our high-temperature fiberglass sleevings are known for their ability to handle heat and a variety of other risk factors. Many of these products offer protection from chemicals, corrosive materials and more.
Our high-temperature braided sleeves work so well because they are designed using high-quality fiberglass and coated with a special layer of silicone varnish and rubber. This allows them to operate for long periods of time at temperatures of up to 300 degrees Celsius (572 degrees Fahrenheit). With heat-resistant cable sleeves, you will have a much stronger safety net for your industrial equipment and wires.
Protect Your Cable Systems From High Temperatures With AeroUSA
We partner with some of the world’s most reliable wire conduit and sleeve manufacturers to deliver cable protection to a vast range of industries. Our heat-resistant braided wire sleeving complies with all necessary regulatory standards and will provide long-lasting security for your business.
Our expert team ensures that you receive high-quality customer service with every purchase. Our quick inquiry responses and speedy product deliveries help you keep business operations on schedule and eliminate downtime as you implement your new cable protection system.
Heat-Resistant Sleeves Q & A
The following are frequently asked questions about heat-resistant sleeves for wires.
What Is Braided Sleeving Made Of?
Heat-resistant cable sleeving is made from various materials, including:
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET)
- Polyphenylene sulfide monofilament (PPS)
The various properties these materials have provide flame resistance, burst protection and electromagnetic (EMI) shielding, as well as many other features.
Why Is Braided Sleeving Effective?
Heat-resistant cable sleeving offers several benefits, including:
- Enhanced appearance: Braided sleeving wraps around the bundle, regardless of its shape or size. The sleeving gives the bundle a pleasing appearance and makes it look uniform to other bundles.
- Simple application: Heat-resistant sleeves for wires are easy to apply and are flexible to adjust around varying sizes and shapes in the bundle.
- Advanced protection: High-temperature cable sleeves are an effective way to protect cords from heat, abrasion, chemicals, fluids, petroleum, salts, impacts, vibrations, moisture and solvents.
- Easy examination: Since the braiding is open-weave, you can examine the wires within the bundle and remove individual wires if necessary.
What Is the Best Cable Sleeve Material?
Each sleeve material offers different characteristics, so you can choose the material that will provide the qualities your application needs. Here are the benefits of the most common sleeve materials:
- Nylon: Nylon is a monofilament material that offers excellent abrasion resistance and flexibility to handle large wire bundles. It’s also easy to install and lightweight.
- PET: PET is ideal for environmental factor protection for engine chemicals, fuel and cleaning solvents and provides heat protection. PET can expand up to three times its diameter.
- Polyester: Polyester is flexible to apply over irregular shapes and sturdy to provide insulation and abrasion resistance. This material is corrosion- and heat-resistant for electrical and automotive applications.
- PPS: PPS is a lightweight yet durable material that resists flames, solvents and high temperatures. The material is inert to acids, bases, fuels and steam.
- Nomex: Nomex is a lightweight, expandable material that is thermally stable with a high melting point. It resists abrasions, solvents, chemicals and various forms of radiation.
How Do You Install Braided Sleeving?
You can install braided sleeving by pulling the material over the bundled wires. A removable inner tube makes it easier to push and slide the material. Some sleeving is wrap-around, which is placed around the cables and fastened with a hook and loop.
How Do You Cut Braided Sleeving?
You can cut the braided sleeve to size using a hot knife. The hot knife gives a clean cut and melts the ends of the filaments to prevent fraying.
Request a Quote
AerosUSA heat-resistant braided sleeving helps keep industrial operations more secure and cost-effective. If you need to protect your electrical systems from the damaging effects of heat, our line of high-temperature wire sleeves offers the solution you require. Request a quote today or contact us for more information.