Your company’s electrical system is prone to visits from rats and mice. During the winter months, rodents scurry around town, looking for a warm place to burrow. Will your business be their next hiding place?
Rodent resistant braided sleeving from AerosUSA protects your wires from these hungry pests. We can provide you with wire sleeving for your trains, vehicles, buildings, heavy equipment and more.
AerosUSA provides Flexo® Rodent Resistant Braided Sleeving. If you don’t have mouse-proof wire protection in your place of business, consider buying some braided sleeving. Guard your wires today before a rodent sneaks in and causes major problems.
|All Braided Cable Sleeve Resource Pages:|
|Page 1 – Braided Cable Sleeves Guide|
|Page 2 – High Temperature/Heat Resistant Braided Sleeve FAQs|
|Page 3 – Importance of Rodent Resistant Braided Sleeving|
Why Rodents Chew on Wires
When rodents search for a warm place to burrow during the winter, they can smell food and feel heat from your company’s building. They come into the building through holes or cracks in the walls. With flexible bodies, they can fit in small spaces, including cracks and openings in your walls. Rodents gnaw wires to sharpen their teeth for protection and eating.
Why Do Rodents Invade Work Places?
Here are some of the reasons why mice and rats come into your business:
- To avoid harsh weather conditions: During harsh storms, rodents seek shelter in warm environments. They’ll try to find space in your building in attics, basements, floorboards and other cozy places. Their bodies are flexible enough to creep into small places. When they’re cold, they’ll squeeze through the openings in your building to find a home.
- To find food and water: These animals will eat most of the foods in a human diet, including plants, fruits and sweets. If you leave food out after a meeting, the mice will find the food and eat it, leaving droppings along the way. Rats will also eat the food you have for an office pet.
- To sharpen their teeth: Rodents look for hard materials to use to sharpen their teeth. Rats can chew through metals, even through walls, to enter your commercial building. Since rodent teeth grow at a rapid rate, they need proper materials to help control them.
Why Do Rodents Chew on Wires?
Based on the reasons for visiting your workplace, rodents aren’t singling out your wires as a snack. They’ll chew on any item in their burrowing spot to make it feel like home. Rodents like to chew on wires because:
- They can chew through hard material: Rats will chew on anything that comes in their path. If they couldn’t find wires, they’d chew on aluminum, insulation and other types of material. Rats can chew through most materials, including hard metals.
- They need firm materials to control their teeth growth: Mice chew on hard material to strengthen their teeth. Since their teeth are always growing, mice need to gnaw on metal or another firm substance to control their tooth growth. They like chewing on wires because they can hold them in their front feet.
- They want to mark their territory: Territorial rats will show dominance by damaging the items in their burrowing spot. They see your electrical wires as a threat to their cozy home. If you had a previous rodent infestation, new rodents can smell old excrement and consider it a threat.
How Do I Know If I Have Rodents in My Workplace?
Rodents have flexible spines that can squeeze through a space as small as a dime. They can crawl into your commercial building:
- From inside large packages.
- Through holes or cracks in walls or roofs.
- Through floor drains.
- Through gaps under doors.
- By digging under the foundation of the building.
- Through open windows, doors or vents.
If mice are in your building, you could hear their claws scratching as they scurry up the wall. They leave small droppings that look like black grains of rice. You may also find holes in food containers or food with nibble marks in it.
How to Protect Wires From Rats
You can prevent rats from eating your wires by removing their access into the building. Besides chewing on wires, rats can also transfer viruses throughout your commercial building. You can get rid of the mice in your building by:
- Reducing food sources: In your office space, use a garbage can with a cover to hide discarded food. After a lunch meeting, clean your kitchens, desks and meeting areas of all spills, crumbs and wrappers. Store food in air-tight containers and keep them in high cabinetry.
- Getting rid of their shelter: Reduce clutter and make all areas of the commercial space visible to you. Take the time to clean your area so that you can find traces of mice feces as necessary. You should also move crates or storage bins to high places to prevent rodents from making nests. Try to avoid using cardboard boxes that mice can eat through.
- Setting traps: If you suspect that rodents have infiltrated your commercial building, take action. These animals can multiply rapidly, so you should take care of the problem before it gets worse. Set out several traps throughout various areas within the building.
Mice cannot chew through concrete, steel covers or plastic pipes. Install these materials around your wiring to prevent rodent bites. For vermin-proof cable protection, you could also use rodent resistant braided sleeving by AerosUSA.
What Is Rodent Resistant Braided Sleeving?
Rodent resistant braided sleeving keeps wires secure from rodent damage. You can use a rodent resistant sleeve to guard your wires in any industry. Flexo® Rodent Resistant repels mice and makes wires more difficult for rodents to grasp.
What Rodent Resistant Sleeving Is Used For
Flexo® Rodent Resistant from Techflex prevents the harmful effects of unprotected wires. When rodents chew wires, this can cause electrical shortages and fires, endangering the safety and efficiency of the company. The material used in this rodent resistant expandable sleeving repels rodents, even when stuffed with food.
You can use our rodent resistant expandable braided sleeving for:
- Vehicle harnessing: Rodents can chew through the wires in your vehicles. Flexo® Rodent Resistant braided sleeving will help you manage the electric makeup of your cars, trains or vessels.
- Cleanrooms: Insulated wires safeguard rooms where your team conducts scientific research from rodents. Flexo® Rodent Resistant will keep the environment clean for your pharmaceutical or medical research team.
- Chemical processing: A chemical processing room needs to be pristine and sterile. Repel rodents from your location with rodent resistant braided sleeving.
- Wastewater processing: Your team of specialists dedicates their time to providing safe drinking water for the community. In their working space, they need wires to power their technology.
- Petrochemical processing: Power plants convert oil into energy that we can use to power our homes. Wires help to transfer that energy. Our braided sleeving can withstand extreme temperatures to work during power conversions.
- Rail and switch power cabling: The wires surrounding the tracks give railways the power to move. Rodent resistant braided sleeving keeps the train running.
- Engine, turbine and power generation connectors and cabling: Electrical wires power engines of all sizes. Make sure all your engines are functioning with efficient wires.
- High-wear, high-stress production and processing machinery: Heavy equipment includes machinery that powers big construction projects. Your industry may use this equipment each day. The wires within your mobile equipment need to maintain their functionality all year round. Our braided sleeving will prevent pesky rats from invading your project.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and cabling: Hydraulic machines use liquid pressure to run their equipment. Pneumatic equipment uses compressed air as a power source. You may use hydraulic or pneumatic equipment for your construction business. These power sources also need tubes to transfer the liquid and air into the rest of the machine. If a rodent chews on the tube, the liquid or air could leak from the machine and endanger your employees. Our rodent resistant expandable sleeving can prevent rodent attacks and accommodate the flexible wiring of your equipment.
How Rodent Resistant Sleeving Works
Flexo® Rodent Resistant braided sleeving comes in various sizes. The sleeving slides over the wires in your commercial building to repel rodents. Besides resistance to rodent bites, the sleeving gives your wires:
- Protection from heat damage
- Protection from load damage
- Resistance to abrasion
- Resistance to impact damage
For all the large projects your industrial team has to handle, you need working wires. Pesky rodents can interrupt your team’s daily projects. Trust our rodent resistant braided sleeving to guard your wires at all times.
How to Install Rodent Resistant Braided Sleeving
Our rodent resistant expandable braided sleeving comes in many sizes. You can find the size you need for the wires in your vehicles, commercial buildings or power supplies. You can install a mouse-proof wire by wrapping the sleeving around the wire.
Braided sleeving is expandable to manipulate the wires into the sleeving. Poke the wires through the sleeving until they go all the way through. Use a simple push and slide method to push the wires in through the sleeving and slide the wires to the very end.
Secure the wire sleeving with our wire fittings. Available in several materials and sizes, our fittings will keep your wires secure. Whether you are in the railway industry or the power plant industry, our sleeving and fittings will prolong the life of your wires.
What Is Rodent Resistant Braided Sleeving Made Of?
Flexo® makes its rodent resistant expandable sleeving from modified polyamide. The polyamide, or nylon, material doesn’t keep scents that come into contact with it. If a rodent produces any excrement around your wires, the smell won’t stick near the wires. Since rodents won’t see your wires as a threat, they won’t be interested in gnawing on them.
You can use our sleeving in both industrial and outdoor settings because of its ability to withstand extreme temperatures. Rodent resistant braid sleeving can keep up with your products. Rodent-proof sleeving is commonly made from these materials:
- Tin copper wire: Tin copper wire can withstand corrosion, including from rodent’s teeth. Since copper is conductive, it’ll increase the efficiency of your mouse-proof wire. Because of how tin copper wire mesh is woven together, it gets stuck in rodents’ teeth. Even if rodents eat through the sleeving, they won’t be able to get to the wire itself. Copper wire sleeving endures temperatures between -103 degrees Fahrenheit and 302 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Galvanized steel wire: This type of steel can withstand temperatures up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit. Rodents can’t chew through galvanized steel. Besides offering vermin-proof cable protection, galvanized steel wire is also cost-effective.
- Tin copper wire with PVC carrier tube: Adding PVC to a wire that’s already strong gives your wires additional strength. PVC is strong and lightweight, so it’s easy to install around your wires. It’s also strong against weathering, chemical rotting and abrasion. This material can withstand temperatures between -103 degrees Fahrenheit and 302 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Polyamide monofiles: Wire sleeving made from polyamide monofiles is black. This material can withstand temperatures between -58 degrees Fahrenheit and 248 degrees Fahrenheit. They can also withstand a short-term temperature of 302 degrees. Also known as nylon, this material has good heat resistance and is flexible. It’s durable but also cost-effective.
- PET Monofiles: Polyester sleeving is gray. It’s flexible, lightweight and easy to maneuver around your wires. This material can withstand temperatures between -58 degrees Fahrenheit and 302 degrees Fahrenheit. It can withstand a short-term temperature of 347. PET monofiles are good for companies in the construction industry because they are easy to replace.
You can use the product catalog to compare our selection of general braided sleeving options. We also have braided sleeving for specialty projects. Discover which rodent resistant sleeve is right for your business.
What Does Rodent Resistant Braided Sleeving Help With?
Exposed wiring from rodent bites can lead to electrical shock, electrical failure or electrical fire. Rodent resistant braided sleeving will prevent those accidents to keep you and your employees safe. Aside from rodent protection, braided sleeving also helps with:
- UV exposure
- Dust and water
- Mechanical stress, such as abrasion, impact, fatigue and compression
- Oil, grease and chemicals
Provides a Secure Working Environment
Chewed wires can damage your commercial building. Rodent resistant sleeves prevent the harmful effects of unprotected wires, including:
- Power outages: If a rodent chews through your electric wires, you could lose power. Some of the wires control major equipment and power supplies. You could also lose refrigerated products or electrical equipment.
- False alarms: Rodents also could chew wires that connect to the fire or security alarm. Faulty wires could send a false alarm or a message to security.
- Fires: An exposed electrical wire could spark and start a fire. Flammable material such as insulation can cause a whole room to catch on fire. All of the material used to make our braided sleeving is resistant to fire.
- Weather conditions: Our wire sleeving offers UV protection and resistance to dust and water damage. You could use our wire sleeving for both indoor and outdoor projects.
Saves Time and Money
Installing rodent resistant expandable sleeving on your wires saves your company time and money. With wires intact, your team has the power to make the most out of your company’s resources.
- Time: Our mouse-proof wire sleeving is easy to install, so you’ll spend less labor time. You can spend more time on the projects that matter to your business. Functioning wires can also help your business complete your tasks on time.
- Money: If you have an electrical outage, you’ll have to pay to call a service technician for repairs. You’ll also spend money to replace all the wires. If the rodents cause a power outage, you may need to replace any refrigerated items. You could lose the products in your inventory, costing the whole company money. Avoid these costs by installing rodent resistant sleeving around your wires.
Industries That Need Rodent-Proof Cable Protection
At AerosUSA, we serve the following industries with our Flexo® Rodent Resistant:
- Rail transit: Rats scurry around railroad tracks and in subway stations in search of food. Polyamide meets the standards of fire and safety codes that railway cars require. We keep up with the ever-changing technology that maintains railways. We offer weather-resistant exterior applications to guard wires vulnerable to the elements. These exterior wires are underneath the rail car, on the roof and between cars. Our interior conduits are also helpful for wires within the railway car.
- Renewable energy: Applications of renewable energy are often outdoors, near rodent habitats. To promote a better living environment, we also want to keep rodents away from these wires. Renewable energy sources are still prone to fires and electrical failure. Our mouse-proof wires can keep your industry’s resources running. Like railway lines, renewable energy applications must follow certain fire and safety standards. Our conduits have a world-wide reputation for providing efficient protection. Our products are resistant to high impact, high wear and high-pressure environments. We use our products in a variety of different renewable energy environments. Technology powered by water and air benefits from our wire protection.
- Robotics automation: Engineers use rodents to help with their robotic experiments. If rodents get loose and gnaw through the wires, they could break the robotics in your commercial industry. Our weather-resistant, corrosion-resistant sleeving protects wires. Robotics tools need wire to function, including protection from wear and tear. They also need to be resistant to impact and load damage. We’ve created rodent resistant sleeving that withstands impact and abrasion for robotics automation. The sleeving also protects against harmful chemicals like oil, gas and solvents.
- General machine: The machine tool industry also benefits from our sleeving. Rodents can infiltrate the area because your building is warm and cozy. Besides rodent resistance, our products also guard against heat, fire and flame. Our sleeving follows federal regulations for the machine tool industry and provides resistance to wear and tear.
- Marine offshore: As well as railway cars and land vehicles, you can also safeguard your marine vehicles. Rodents may find their way onto ships carrying cargo and could eat through the wires. Boats and vessels also need their engine wiring harnesses to be resistant to water or else the boat could lose power.
- Mining heavy vehicles: Rodents can crawl into the many openings in a vehicle, including by the tires and into the engine. They can destroy the heaviest machine by chewing on a small wire. Keep your industrial-sized machines functioning at top speed by protecting your wires. Our sleeving is also resistant to corrosion, so you can provide a guard for your vehicles in any terrain.
- HVAC: Heating, ventilation and air conditioning units need wires inside and outside of a commercial building. Our wire conduits guard the units against extreme heat and cold. Rodents within a commercial building can infiltrate a furnace to stay warm in the winter. If they chew through the wires, the furnace could leak carbon monoxide into the building. Keep your employees safe with mouse-proof wire protection.
- Hybrid vehicles: Hybrid vehicles use many wires to power themselves. Rodents can invade a vehicle and chew the wires. Instead of letting your powerful vehicles break down when you need them the most, use our special braided sleeving.
Contact AerosUSA Today to Buy Rodent Resistant Braided Sleeving for Your Business
Our professionals at AerosUSA provide wire conduits for businesses throughout the United States. As veterans of the cable protection industry, we offer quick services so your business can continue to function.
Keep your business working at optimal efficiency with wire protection. Call us today at 717-238-1444 to buy our rodent resistant braided sleeving for your business, or request a quote online.