The use of engineered polyamide for wire and cable conduits, fittings and connectors has grown over the past decades as polyamide products have been proven to outperform metallic, liquid tight, and other cable management products.
Polyamide is an ideal material for cable conduits and connectors, performing well in harsh industrial environments, indoors or outdoors. It is lightweight and flexible, and offers good compression and impact resistance. In addition, it provides superior resistance to oil, chemicals, caustic materials, and UV light. It is fire resistant, self-extinguishing, and low smoke. It performs well in temperatures from -50°C up to +200°C. Additional polyamide products are available for continuous high flex applications such as in robotics.
- Quick assembly – Cutting, assembling, and terminating ROHRflex® conduits and FLEXAquick® connectors take about one fifth of the time compared to metal and other liquid tight systems.
- Flexibility – ROHRflex® products are highly flexible and can be installed where metal conduits cannot.
- Chemical resistance – Polyamide provides superior resistance to chemicals and other corrosive materials. ROHRflex® and FLEXAquick® products can be used in highly corrosive environments that metals cannot, such as chemical processing, refineries, wastewater facilities, and power generation equipment.
- Impact resistance – ROHRflex® conduits outperform PVC-jacketed conduits in high impact applications.
- Ingress protection – ROHRflex® conduits with FLEXAquick® connectors provide secure seals, up to IP66, IP68 and IP69K, thus allowing the cables to be temporarily submerged and withstand up to 1450 PSI direct spray.
- EMC shielding – ROHRflex® conduits are available in EMC shielded versions with either internal or external shielding.
- UV resistance – Polyamide is highly resistant to UV and will perform well for 40-50 years. ROHRflex® conduits and FLEXAquick® connectors are ideal for outdoor cable protection applications.
- Cost – ROHRflex® conduits and FLEXAquick® connectors are very cost-effective due to their competitive product costs coupled with lower installation costs than other liquid tight options.
Call today to see how ROHRflex® conduits and FLEXAquick® connectors can help solve your wire and cable protection challenge.